6000D edition 2023, 33 years of pleasure… July 27 to 29
The 6000D, a legendary race and the first of its kind, is still considered a challenge by most trail runners.
Individual challenge, accessible to all
3400m of elevation gain over a 69km course that takes participants from the village of Aime in the valley to the top of Bellecôte glacier at 3047m via La Plagne’s different altitude villages, then descending through the forest to Montchavin les Côches and finishing along the Isère river.
The atmosphere 6000D
The trail is well marked with 95% of it on regular walking paths. There will be a large, enthusiastic crowd throughout the event to cheer for you during the 33th edition, on Saturday, July 29th 2023.
Following works on the cable car line from Plagne Bellecôte to the Glacier, it will be completely closed throughout the summer of 2023.
In order to be as close as possible to the Trail spirit, there are only 5 aid stations (food and drinks) and 3 water points (drinks only) over the 69 km. A camel bag or a water bottle holder is highly recommended. Self-sufficient running is recommended.
Organization of the 6000D :
SUNDAY, JULY 29, 2023
STARTS AIME, 5.00am
69 km over a marked course with control points and on ascent in the Olympic bobsleigh track.
- 69km – 3400m elevation gain
- Altitude at the start and finish : 677 m
- Highest point of the race : 3064 m
- Departure at 5.00 am and the end of the race around 6.30 pm
- No time limit but last hourly barrier in Montchavin at 4.30 pm (54km)
- 4 hourly Barriers (Plagne Centre 10.00am, Col de la Chiaupe (return) 1.00pm, Bellecôte 3.00pm, Montchavin 4.30pm)
- Limited to 2000 runners
- Price : 65€ – 80€, according to date of registration
- Online registration closes on July 23th, 2023
- Medical certificate or license compulsory for the registration
- The age limit to run the 6000D is 20 years (in the year 2003)
- Mandatory equipment that will be checked at the start and during the race : a mobile phone, reusable cup or flask, a zipped bag to put your food at the energy refueling station, Head lamp , trail crampons (put on over your shoes), a whistle, 500ml of water and a survival blanket, a waterproof and breathable long jacket (it can be cold at altitude) and your 4 safety pins or other hooks for the bib
- Strongly recommended , gloves, glasses, cap , water and food.
- Bibs will be given out at the Salle des Fêtes in Aime from Thursday, 27th until the morning of the race on saturday. Identity card required for the withdrawal of the bib.
- A baggage room will be available 50m from the start point in la salle Cerrutti located in Aime
Collect your bib
The bib can be collected from the salle des fêtes of Aime :
– Thursday July 27, 2023 from 9 am to 6.30 pm
– Friday 28 July 2023 from 9 am to 7 pm
– Saturday July 29, 2023 from 3:30 am to 4:30 am
The société d’Aménagement de la Plagne
Plagne Bellecote gondola to Glacier
Due to work on the cable car line from Plagne Bellecôte to the Glacier, it will be completely closed throughout the summer of 2023.