Since 2018, the 6000D has been opened up to the greatest number of people and is available as a relay.
New in 2023, this one will run for 3 people instead of 2.
A mythical race and the first of its kind at the time, the 6000D remains a challenge for most trail runners.
So for the 2023 edition, we propose that you run it in a rely with 3 people passing the baton at Plagne Center and Plagne Bellecote.
1st edition of this challenge for 3 people, accessible to all
A total course of 69km to be run at 3.
A route that takes runners from the village of Aime in the valley to the top of the Bellecôte Glacier at an altitude of 3047m, with a passage through the high altitude resorts of Grande Plagne and then down through the forest at Montchavin les Côches to finish along the Isère river. A high quality marked route, 95% on paths and tracks.
The 6000D atmosphere
For this 33rd year, a large and enthusiastic public will encourage you all along the 6000D course on
SATURDAY 29 JULY 2023.
Following works on the cable car line from Plagne Bellecôte to the Glacier, it will be completely closed throughout the summer of 2023.
In order to be as close as possible to the spirit of the Trail, there are only 5 refreshment points (food and drinks) and 3 water points (drinks only) on the 69 km. It is recommended to run self-sufficiently.
Organization of the 6000D in relay for 3 people
SATURDAY, July 29th, 2023
STARTS AIME, 5.00 am
69 km over a marked course with control points and on ascent in the Olympic bobsleigh track
- 69 km – 3400 m (D+) to be carried out with 3 people
- Altitude at the start and finish : 677 m
- Highest point of the race : 3047 m
- Relay point at Plagne Centre à 1981 m et à Plagne Bellecôte à 1922 m
- Departure at 5.00 am for the end of the race around 6.30 pm
SECTIONS AND RELAYS
1st Section Aime / Plagne Centre : 21km – 1560m (D+) – 260m (D-) – 1 time barrier in Plagne Centre at 10 am
2nd Section Plagne Centre / Plagne Bellecôte : 26.8km – 1690m (D+) – 1750m (D-) – 2 time barrier at Col de la Chiaupe (return) at 1 pm and to Plagne Bellecôte at 3 pm
3rd Section Plagne Bellecôte / Aime : 20.4km – 190m (D+) – 1430m (D-) – 1 time Barrier in Montchavin at 4.30pm
- Limited to 250 team
- Price : from 77 – 100€, depending on the date of registration
- Online registration closes on Sunday, July 23th, 2023
- Medical certificate or license compulsory for the registration
- The age limit to run the 6000D in relay to 3 is 20 years old (in the year 2003) for the relay N°2 and 18 years (in the year 2005) for the relay N°1 and N°3
- Mandatory equipment that will be checked at the start and during the race: Headlamp (runner N°1 climbing Plagne Centre), mobile phone, reusable cup or flask, a zipped bag to put your food at the refreshment posts, crampons (to be worn over your shoes for the relay runner N°2), a whistle, 500ml of water, a survival blanket, a long-sleeved waterproof and breathable jacket (be careful, it can be very cold at altitude) and 4 safety pins or other hooks for the bib
Strongly recommended gloves, glasses, cap or other, water and food.
- Bibs will be given out at the Salle des Fêtes in Aime from Thursday, 27th at 9.00 am until the morning of the race on Saturday at 3.30am. Please note that an identity card will be required for the withdrawal of the bib and this on an individual basis
- A baggage room will be available 50m from the start point in the salle Cerrutti in Aime la Plagne.
Pick up your bib
The bib can be collected from the salle des fêtes in Aime :
– Thursday July 27, 2023 from 9 am to 6.30 pm
– Friday July 28, 2023 from 9 am to 7 pm
– Saturday July 29, 2023 from 3:30 am to 4:30 am
The société d’Aménagement de la Plagne
Plagne Bellecote gondola to Glacier
Due to work on the cable car line from Plagne Bellecôte to the Glacier, it will be completely closed throughout the summer of 2023.