6000D edition 2022, 32 years of pleasure… July 28 to 30
The 6000D, a legendary race and the first of its kind, is still considered a challenge by most trail runners. For this 32nd edition, the organizing committee is offering you the 2nd edition of the 6D Marathon.
Individual challenge, accessible to all
You know the Marathon on the flat and on the tarmac, come and discover it on the trails and in the mountains. On the programme, 42km and a positive vertical drop of 2000m. A route that takes runners from the village of Aime la Plagne in the valley, to the Blanchets lake at 2363m altitude with a passage through the high altitude resorts of Grande Plagne to then descend through the forest at Montchavin les Côches to finish along the Isère river. This new course will update the original route of the Grande 6000D with the first climb following the first route of 1990. A high quality marked course, 95% on paths and tracks.
The atmosphere 6000D
For this 32nd year, a large and enthusiastic public will be cheering you on all along the 6000D route, on Saturday July 30, 2022.
In order to be as close as possible to the spirit of the Trail, there are only 3 food and drink stations and 1 water station (drinks only) on the 42 km. A camel bag or water bottle holder is highly recommended.
It is recommended to run self-sufficiently.
Organization of the 6D Marathon :
SATURDAY JULY 30, 2022
STARTS IN AIME LA PLAGNE, 6.00am
42 km over a marked course with control points and on ascent in the Olympic bobsleigh track
on Race information
- 2000 m elevation gain
- Altitude at the start and finish : 677 m
- Highest point of the race : 2361 m
- Departure at 6.00 am
- No limit time but last hourly barrier in Montchavin at 1.30 pm
- Limited to 1000 runners
- Price : 41€ – 56€, according to date of registration
- Online registration closes on July 24th, 2022, Sunday, if the limit of runners is not reached
- Medical certificate or license compulsory for the registration
- The age limit to run the 6D Marathon is 20 years in the year (in the year 2002)
- Mandatory equipment that will be checked at the start and during the race: A mobile phone, reusable cup or flask, a zipped bag to put your food at the feeding station, 500ml of water and a survival blanket and a waterproof and breathable jacket (it can be cold at altitude). 2 masks depending on the health situation.
- Strongly recommended : gloves, glasses, cap or other, water and food.
- Bibs will be given out at the Salle des Fêtes in Aime la Plagne from Thursday, 28th until the morning of the race on saturday. An identity card will be required for the withdrawal of the bib and this individually
- A baggage room will be available 50m from the start point in Aime la Plagne
Pick up your bib
The bib can be collected from the Salle des fêtes in Aime la Plagne:
– Thursday July 28, 2022 from 9 am to 6.30 pm
– Friday 29 July 2022 from 9 am to 7 pm
– Saturday July 30, 2022 from 5:15 am to 5:45 am