6000D edition 2022, 32 years of pleasure… July 28 to 30
The 6000D, a legendary race and the first of its kind, is still considered a challenge by most trail runners. For this 32nd edition, the organizing committee is offering you the 2nd edition of the 6D Marathon.
Individual challenge, accessible to all
You’ve run a Marathon on flat, hard, roads, now is your chance to come and discover a different kind of Marathon – on mountain trails and paths. On the program, 42km and a positive elevation of 2000m. A route that takes runners from the village of Aime la Plagne to the valley, to Lac des Blanchets at an altitude of 2363m with a passage through the high-altitude resorts of La Grande Plagne to then descend through the forest to Montchavin les Côches for finish along the Isère river. This new course will bring up to date the original route of the 6000D with the 1st climb following the initial route first run in 1990. A marked course of high quality, 95% on paths and trails.
The atmosphere 6000D
There will be a large, enthusiastic crowd all along the trail to cheer you on you during the 32nd edition, on Saturday July 30, 2022.
In order to be as close as possible to the Trail spirit, there is only 3 refreshment point (food and drinks) and 1 water point (drinks only) over the 42 km. A camel bag or a gourd holder is strongly recommended.
Running in self-sufficiency is recommended.
Organization of the 6D Marathon :
SATURDAY JULY 30, 2022
STARTS AIME LA PLAGNE, 6.00am
42 km over a marked course with control points and on ascent in the Olympic bobsleigh track
- 2000 m elevation gain
- Altitude at the start and finish : 677 m
- Highest point of the race : 2361 m
- Departure at 6.00 am
- No limit time but last hourly barrier to Montchavin at 1.30 pm
- Limit to 1000 runners
- Price : 41€ – 56€, according to date of registration
- On-line registration closes July 24th, 2022
- Medical certificate or license compulsory for the registration
- The age limit to run the 6D Marathon is 20 years in the year (in the year 2002)
- Mandatory equipment that will be checked at the start and during the race: A mobile phone, reusable cup or flask, a zipped bag to put your food at the feeding station, 500ml of water and a survival blanket and a waterproof and breathable jacket (it can be cold at altitude). 2 masks depending on the health situation.
- Strongly recommended : gloves, glasses, cap or other, water and food.
- Bibs will be given out at the Salle des Fêtes in Aime la Plagne from Thursday, 28th until the morning of the race on saturday. Piece of identity required for the withdrawal of the bib and this individually
- A baggage room will be available 50m from the start point in Aime la Plagne
Pick up your bib
The bib can be collected from the Aime la Plagne village hall:
– Thursday July 28, 2022 from 9 am to 6.30 pm
– Friday 29 July 2022 from 9 am to 7 pm
– Saturday July 30, 2022 from 5:15 am to 5:45 am